MD, DDS, PhD
Prof. Hernández Alfaro is the most experienced surgeon in the treatment of maxillofacial deformities (Orthognathic Surgery) in Spain.
Together with his team he has developed and published numerous surgical techniques in oral and maxillofacial surgery. Dr. Federico Hernández Alfaro leads the team of the Maxillofacial Institute in Barcelona, at the same time that he combines his activity with his work as Professor of Oral and Maxilofacial Surgery at the International University of Catalonia.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery and Dentistry, winner of the ‘Extraordinary Prize.’
- Specialist in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in Barcelona.
- Doctor “Cum Laude” at the International University of Catalonia.
- Postgraduate training in Switzerland, Italy, Mexico, and the USA.
- Diploma “European Board of Maxillofacial Surgery”.
TEACHING, EXPERIENCE, PUBLICATIONS AND PAPERS
- Director of the University Diploma in Orthognathic Surgery of the International University of Catalonia.
- Professor and Head of the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery of the International University of Catalonia.
- Full Professor in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Area of the International University of Catalonia.
- From the scientific point of view, he directs several lines of research in the field of bone regeneration with dental implants.
- Author of numerous articles and various books: “Bone Grafts in Dental Implant Surgery”, “Advanced Implant Surgery”, “Bone Grafting in Oral Implantology” and “Controversial Issues in Implant Dentistry”.
- Member of the Editorial Board of the European Journal of Oral Implantology.
- Member of the Editorial Board of the Spanish Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Partner at Best Quality Dental Centers.