The professor doctor Lao is the medical director of Genomic Genetics International, the medical adviser in The Council of Healthcare Advisors del Gerson Lehrman Group’s and New York Academy of Sciences (the USA), the scientific adviser in Preventia Genetics and the member of the scientific council of the Fund for fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue.
- The professor Lao has published many scientific works including a paper in neurodegenerative diseases, devoted to genetic studies of Alzheimer’s disease. He described and published the first mutation in Spain and the third one in the world called the gene of presenilin 2 (PSEN2) which provokes type 4 Alzheimer’s disease (ad4).
- Doctor of Medical Sciences, a surgeon, a specialist in Clinical Genetics. One of the founders and members of the Board of Directors of the Spanish Society of Anti-Aging Medicine and Longevity (SEMAL).
- The member of the publishing committee of the magazine Cosmetic Surgery Times, the scientific council of the Fund for fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue and the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), name a few.
- The author of the different scientific articles, the lecturer of several courses at the university and postgraduate studies, a guest participant of many scientific congresses at home and abroad.
- Besides from that, he is the co-author of three patents in the field of Biomedicine and the scientific consultant of several biotechnological companies.