Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from the University of Lleida/Universidad de Barcelona on 13 July 1988. MIR Resident at the Barraquer Institute in Barcelona from 1990-93. She was a Glaucoma Fellow in the same Barraquer Institute in 1994. From 1995 works as Consultantin the Department of Glaucoma at the Barraquer Ophthalmology Centre. She completed her PhD at the Universidad Autònoma of Barcelona 1991-92. She also completed a Training stay at the Mayo Clinic, in Rochester in 2009.
- Coordinator of the Department of Glaucoma at the Barraquer Ophthalmology Centre.
- Glaucoma specialist. Specialized in glaucoma surgery.
- Teaching activity at the Barraquer Institute / UAB.
- Professor of Ophthalmology practice of the International University of Catalonia (UIC).
- Board member of the Spanish Society of Glaucoma (SEG) from 2011.
- Governing Board of the Institute Barraquer from 2008.
Working groups which she belongs:
Coordinator and constituent member of the Work group on Glaucoma (GTG), member of the Catalan Society of Ophthalmology. From 2006 up to now. Work group of the CPG (clinical practice guideline for open angle glaucoma), as a representative of the Sociedad Española de Glaucoma, Spanish Society of Glaucoma (SEG). Directed by The Health and Quality Assessment Agency of Catalonia (AQuAS) / Department of Health | Generalitat de Catalunya and the Ministry of Health, Social Services and Equality (MSSSI) together with the Secretariat of GuíaSalud.
Featured publications | Congresses
- Perioperative pharmacological management in patients with glaucoma. Rodríguez Uña I, Martínez-de-la-Casa JM, Pablo Júlvez L, Martínez Compadre JA, García Feijoo J; en nombre del Grupo Español para el Consenso acerca del Manejo Farmacológico Perioperatorio en pacientes con glaucoma, Belda Sanchís JI, Canut Jordana MI, Hernández-Barahona Palma J, Muñoz Negrete FJ, UrcelaySegura JL. Arch Soc Esp Oftalmol. 2015 Jun;90(6):274-284.
- Vitrectomy and internal limiting membrane peeling for macular folds secondary to hypotony in myopes. Nadal J, Carreras E, Canut MI, Barraquer RI. Clin Ophthalmol. 2015 May 15; 9:859-64.
- Treatment of retinal detachment secondary to macular hole in high myopia: vitrectomy with dissection of the inner limiting membrane to the edge of the staphyloma and long-term tamponade.Nadal J, Verdaguer P, Canut MI.Retina. 2012 Sep;32(8):1525-30.
- Endodiathermy plus photocoagulation as treatment of sclerotomy site vascularization secondary to pars plana vitrectomy for proliferative diabetic retinopathy. Nadal J, Carreras E, Canut MI. Retina. 2012 Jul;32(7):1310-5.
- Catarata & Glaucoma. Monografía de la Sociedad Española de Cirugía Ocular Implanto-Refractiva (SECOIR). Co-editora M.I. Canut. ISBN: 978-84-939898-0-4. 2012