Gynaecology is as important in Spain as paediatrics, since the health of women ensures the health of future generations. Reproductive medicine, obstetrics and gynaecology are at an exceptional level, leading to a high efficiency in the treatment of gynaecological diseases and infertility.
Gynaecological Barcelona’s clinics are conforming to all the international norms in the field of gynaecology and provide treatments and preventive measures for diseases such as:
- Support of the body upon reaching menopause
- Ovarian cysts
- Uterine fibroids
- Cervical Diseases
- Mammary gland Pathology
- Pathology of the vulva, uterus and cervix
- Urinary incontinence
- Genital surgery for women
Gynaecologists in Spain focus on reducing the risks of negative effects of therapy on the body, therefore only modern techniques are used.
Barcelona has long been known for its progress in the field of reproductive medicine. Several obstetrics and gynaecology centres with European standards achieved impressive results. For example, at the famous gynaecology centre Salud de la Mujer clinic Dexeus (Desheus) the percentage of successful invitro fertilization reaches from 45 to 60%, what is considered to be very high worldwide. You can consult specialists in reproductive medicine in Barcelona for all kinds of check-ups and treatment of infertility.
- Diagnostics of female and male infertility;
- Miscarriage therapy (world standard level);
- Treatment of male infertility;
- Study of karyotype defects, mitotic pathologies of spermatozoids;
- Implementation of innovative in-vitro technologies;
- Lab analysis, chromosomal analysis of oocytes;
- Pre-implantation diagnosis of embryos;
- Freezing and storage of oocytes;
- Embryoscopy (an embryoscope can be used to monitor the condition of an embryo at any stage of its development);
- Microsurgery to remove embryotic fragments;
- Polar body biopsy (allows to study the chromosome composition of the oocyte and remove those that may have an abnormal development);
- Diagnosis of fetal genes (new technique that can detect damaged embryos, which significantly reduces the possibility of a miscarriage. It is usually recommended before the embryo is transplanted into the womb).
Couples from all over the world come to Barcelona with hopes of becoming parents through IVF. Spain is the number one country in Europe in terms of the number of foreign patients treated for infertility.
Employees of VALENIA HEALTH SERVICES shall provide all the necessary information about treatment in Barcelona and will organise an appointment with a specialist.