- Head of the Gastrointestinal Service at Hospital Clínic de Barcelona.
- Chief of Minimally Invasive Surgery at Hospital Clínic de Barcelona.
- Professor with Tenure of Surgery and Surgical Specialties at the Universitat de Barcelona.
- IDIBAPS Investigator (Institut de Recerca Biomedica Agusti Pi Suñe).
- Bachelor of Medicine: 1980 Universitat de Barcelona.
- PhD: 1987 Universitat de Barcelona.
- Specialty: General and Gastrointestinal Surgery, 1987 Universitat de Barcelona.
- Fellowship: in Emory University (Atlanta), Pacific Presbyterian Hospital (San Francisco), Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland). Mount Sinai (New York), Cornell University (New York State).
More than 30 years of experience.
- Global pioneer of robotic and laparoscopic surgical techniques (NOTES and LESS techniques).
- Oncological Surgery (colon and rectal cancer, esophageal and stomach cancer, metastasis treatment – surgical resection, radiofrequency, etc. -, pancreas cancer, liver tumours).
- Pioneer in use of the Cecil Approach (simultaneous robotic transabdominal and transanal approach to removal of rectal cancer).
- More than 17.000 surgeries for more than 25 years.
- More than 95% of the annual surgeries are performed through natural body cavities.
- More than 400 colorectal surgery performed with TaTME technique.
- First laparoscopic and thoracoscopy approach to oesophageal cancer
- First laparoscopic approach to live kidney donation
- Founder member of AIS Channel (Advances in Surgery)
- Author of more than 175 national and international scientific publications and 19 book chapters.
- Invited to more than 120 national and international events. · Participation in more than 320 national and international scientific meetings.