Ever since Dr. Guillermo Montes joined the team at Instituto Clavel, it has been a great satisfaction for him to be able to combine personal growth as a surgeon by participating in cases of the highest complexity, with the acquisition of new knowledge and techniques. Additionally, dr. Montes together dr. Malaga have been able to lead and to create a Neuro-oncology Committee of hospital Quironsalud, and progressively increase attention on cranial pathologies, without reducing our extensive experience in the spine. As a final note, having been able to participate in the activities of the Fundación Clavel in Africa, has enriched him personally and professionally, with the development of skills and learning how to adapt to critical situations with lack of material.
- Specialization in Neurosurgery. Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona (2008-2013)
- Research Fellowship in Cerebrovascular and Skull Base Neurosurgery en Arkansas Neuroscience Institute (Little Rock, Arkansas, USA) with Dr. Ali Krisht (January and February 2013)
- European Association of Neurosurgical Societies (EANS) Full Training Course in Neurosurgery (4-year program 2010-2013)
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery, Universitat de Barcelona (UB), Barcelona, Spain (2001-2007)
- Attending physician. Neurosurgery. Instituto Clavel. Hospital QuirónSalud Barcelona, Spain (2013 – present)
- Attending physician Emergency Service – Neurosurgery. Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau. Barcelona, Spain (2013 – 2016)
- Resident intern in Neurosurgery. Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, Barcelona, Spain (2008-2013)
- Tumors of the brain and spine
- Congenital skull malformation (chiari malormation)
- Degenerative pathologies of the cervical and lumbar spine (discopathy, hernias, stenosis)
- Injuries and fractures of the head and spine
Other Academic, Scientific, and Professional activity
- Volunteer doctor with Fundación Doctor Clavel at the General Hospital of Adama (Ethiopia), April 2017, May 2018 and November 2019, as neurosurgeon and leader of the mission.
- Volunteer doctor in 3 neurosurgical missions with the Fundación NED & Fundación Doctor Clavel at the Hospital Mnazi Mmoja Zanzibar, Tanzania in June 2014, as surgeon, May 2015 and May 2016 as surgeon and mission leader.