- Senior consultant of the Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology Service, Hospital Clínic de Barcelona and barnaclínic+.
- Titular professor at the Universitat de Barcelona
- Director of more than 120 courses of Joint Reconstruction at Universitat de Barcelona
- Bachelor of Medicine: 1983, Universitat de Barcelona
- PhD: 1989, Universitat de Barcelona
- Specialty: Orthopedic and Trauma Surgery, 1988 Universitat de Barcelona, Sports Medicine, 1990 UB
- Fellowship: 5 years (1983-1988) Hospital Vall d’Hebron. Short fellow in Bolonia, Hosptial Rizzoli.
More than 25 years of practice
- Prosthetic joint reconstruction surgery.
- Cervical spine
- Musculoskeletal tumors: Soft tissue sarcomas, bone tumors
- Dr. Combalia has been awarded a total of 20 Research Grants (4 FIS) and 4 study expansion grants, financed by different organizations and entities.
- More than 90 papers in indexed journals, 110 in non indexed journals
- Dr. Combalia has received a total of 14 Awards/Grants for his work at different specialty conferences.