- Dr. Aleix Prat is the new head of directing the Breast Cancer Program of the Baselga cancer Institute, IOB
- Head of the Medical Oncology Service at Hospital Clínic de Barcelona and barnaclínic+.
- The president of the SOLTI Academic Group
- The professor at the University of Barcelona
- Bachelor of Medicine from the Universitat de Barcelona.
- PhD from the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona.
- Master in Molecular Oncology at Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncológicas (CNIO)
- PostDoctoral fellowship at the University of North Carolina, USA.
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Diagnostics and treatment of breast cancer and other solid tumors.
- Subtypes of intrinsic breast cancer (Luminal A, Luminal B, HER2-enriched and basal-like)
- Head of the Translational Genomics Lab at IDIBAPS
- The research led by Dr. Prat is based on using genomic data to guide the design of clinical trials and biomarker development in order to identify more optimal treatments for patients with cancer.
- Specifically, its main strategic lines are:
- Assist in implementing and developing genomic platforms applicable in daily clinical practice.
- Participate in prospective and retrospective studies where scientist’s genomics of tumors analyzed.
- Validation of predictive genomic biomarkers and / or forecasts in clinical trials.
- Evaluate gene expression data as a tool to identify new mechanisms of sensitivity / drug resistance and / or new therapeutic targets.
- Author of more than 100 peer-reviewed publications.